User roles define what users can and can’t do.
List of user roles
- Administrator — Has full power over the site and can do everything related to site administration.
- Editor — Can create, edit, publish, and delete any post or page, not just their own. This is generally the recommended role for P2 users.
- Author — Can create, edit, publish, and delete their own posts or pages, as well as upload files and images. This is a good role for external members, guests from outside the team, etc.
- Contributor — Can create and edit their own posts, but can’t publish them. Once their posts are completed they can send them for review. They need to let an Editor or Administrator know that the post is ready so they can review and publish it. This role is recommended for public P2s where the users aren’t necessarily known and trusted.
- Follower and Viewer — Can only read the P2, and leave comments.
Changing user roles
As an Administrator of a P2, you can change other users’ roles by following these steps:
- Go to My Site › Users
- Select the user whose role you’d like to change or delete. This action will take you to a specific user page.
- Select the radio button for the new role you want the user to have.
- Click Save Changes.