There are key differences between posts and pages, and how they could be used in P2.
- Posts in P2 are best for asynchronous communication.
- Collaboration between multiple people is built upon the discussion generated in the comments.
- Posts belong in a chronological stream. The date is relevant.
- A post in P2 is conceptually equivalent to an email.
Posts can be used to share ideas or updates, get feedback, discuss topics, make decisions, etc.
- Pages in P2 are ideal for stable information and global documentation of things that don’t need a lot of discussion.
- The publishing date of a page is usually irrelevant.
- Many people can contribute to the same page, updating or expanding it over time.
- A page in P2 is conceptually equivalent to a Google Doc or a PDF.
Pages can be used to document processes, long-term plans, how-tos, company policies, etc.